Tuesday 10 November 2009

Ok. So, er, the last few days have been absolute hell! Happy hell of course. A hell where at least you can nip to the corner shop and buy an egg sandwich and a cup of tea. Or skip to the pub in a frenzy of excitement for a well deserved beer after a hard days grind. Actually that last bit never happened. I've spent over 40 hours in the studio since friday...

Bloody backing tracks is all I can say. The drum parts from the records we've made are all over the place. We managed to find two. The rest I had to program beats in at a frantic pace, mixing while going along and then rehearsing it to see if it fits. It is a horrible job. Soooooo boring and tedious. A little bit like data input. It almost got to the point where I said to Will why don't you just do the tour. No no Tilley! You're coming! Oh fiddlesticks.

All this stress led to Will crashing his car on Saturday morning at 1am. He smacked into the back of a drunk Polish driver who got out the car and continued drinking in front of the police! Poor Will, the car is a wreck! His air bag worked and he and his girlfriend were wearing seat belts thankfully though he bashed his right hand and I rushed him to A and E and mercifully nothing is broken.

Now my old band mate wants his gear back from the studio - two bass amps and the acoustic guitar! Plus the bloke upstairs is getting suspicious about his electricity bill and thinks we're not paying our share, which we're not as our landlord agreed to pay our bills. However there's an impending bill about to be discovered somewhere and I'm in the thick of it!

Oh well. Will and the People are not about stress and this has been the most difficult four days for us. The raging wind is banging tempestuously on the door and the hailstones keep pelting down from above and there seems little shelter at the moment. Ahh, look at me trying to be poetic and searching for sympathy!!

On the positive side the set does sound really good and hopefully you won't notice Simon isn't there! (is it ever possible?)

Cup cakes and cream. We're off on Thursday with Papa Lewis and we'll forget all our woes!

x

6 comments:

  1. Well it can only get better... sounds like hell but you guys can overcome it and I am sure you are gonna sound great..how can you think of making poor Will go alone .. its already Will and the Person dont make it Will and errr just Will... I am sure you will have a blast on tour and the crap of the last week will be a distant memory...see you on the road.. without my Polish Driver .. take care :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "this has been the most difficult 4 days"

    I can only agree with that statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathe....just breathe. It will all be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm back because my last message was uncalled for.

    I'm glad to hear that Will & his Girlfriend are ok after their accident, pity about the car but life is more precious than any metal.

    On a lighter note have a blast this weekend. I'd give my eye teeth to be at that gig on friday.

    How weird would it look with no eye teeth?

    Omwards & Upwards x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys just when you thought things could not get any worse, they have.. I have just booked my flight for Rome ... sorry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take a week off from Facebooking, blog surfing, band stalking and all this has happened.

    Good golly.

    Really sorry to hear bout the recent band departures, but super glad to hear that Will and the Tilley are on the road.

    Not to put a further dampner on things, but you seems I will be joining you Rome as well as Zurich. See you guys next week.

    Jacq x

    ReplyDelete