Friday 6 November 2009

Dr Sellaband Anyone?

So, erm, firworks night...missed it completely. Didn't even see one explosion. Does that make me a bad person? I hope so. I was in the pub having a very interesting discussion...

http://www.sellaband.com

This sellaband bizzle. Does anybody know much about this thing? It was started by Public Enemy recently and seems to work and I've been trying to pick holes in it since last night but haven't fallen in yet. However it looks like most of the artists are no-where near their target and there's only a few who are near so my mind starts wandering...

Does anyone think this would be a good idea for WaTp to do? I think these days you can make a record for peanuts if the musicianship is good enough and touring doesn't necessarily have to cost an arm and a leg but the real money should be thrown into advertising.

I'm worried that even if we had money to market you still need a corporation like Sony or Warner to do a proper job of advertising. Getting it on radio, TV, syncs, adverts etc. You still need contacts and that's kinda something money can't buy...

So I don't know. It's great for the fans in that they might feel they're really part of something and that they have an element of ownership, but without being too cheesy our followers are already a massive part of what we do.

Anyone any thought? x

3 comments:

  1. I am not convinced it works but could be wrong..I think with money you can spread the word it may just be about having new angle...having the fans feel more part of it sounds great but to be honest I am pretty sure your fans feel that anyway... there are contacts out there its just a matter of hunting them down...I suppose it all comes down to how much you value your indepedence and maybe there is the right label out there that will let you be yourselves and not clone
    you... in my opinion which is maybe worth jack shit you have made great progress over the last couple of months of course it may feel like most of the time you are swimming in custard but from this side of the fence its impressive..its a tough call to make and I do not envy you.. oh and money can buy everything contacts inlcuded but only talent will make you a success .. .which we all know is crap just look at X Factor... see I bet this all helped lol...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syncronized Dancing is the way forward, If only the Beatles had listened to me they'd have been huge.

    Would that be like WaTp shares?

    I like what Liz says about money buying everything & talent will make you a success.

    Stay hungry for it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about pushing your stuff through University radio stations?

    ReplyDelete